Dr. Kathi Coker
Wesley Chapel Office
Background & Credentials
Dr. Kathi Coker has been in the mental health/psychology field since 1994, with a Master’s Degree in
Counselor Education from University of South Florida and a Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from
Argosy University in Sarasota. She resides in Wesley Chapel with her husband and 3 children.
Dr. Coker has been a Licensed Mental Health Counselor since 2000.
- Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator since 2008
- Certified Sex Offender Treatment Professional since 2016
- Clinical Hypnosis Practitioner as of 2017
- Certified Child Custody Evaluator since 2009
- Certified Forensic Behavior Analyst since 2016
- Certified in Nutritional and Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Professionals as of 2018.
Dr. Coker specializes in:
Mothers of Special Needs Children
Depression / Grief
Life Transitions (marriage, divorce, retirement, etc)
Trauma and PTSD
Hypersexual behaviors in children/teens
Psychosexual Evaluation and Juvenile sexual behavior
Risk Assessment - schools
I believe the therapeutic relationship I establish with my client is the cornerstone to their healing and growing. I meet clients where they are and enjoy exploring each individual’s own strengths that can be utilized to start the healing process. I approach all clients with a strength-based philosophy, and am fiercely committed to my clients’ wellbeing.
My three primary treatment approaches are Adlerian Therapy (i.e., Individual Psychology); Choice Theory; and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). As the mother of a special-needs child, I have a unique perspective on how the family is impacted, and how challenges can be overcome.